The role of the Transport/Shipping Planner is to plan, direct and control the activities of the transport fleet including sub-contractors to optimise cost-effectiveness and use of resources. The Transport Planner must provide a high-quality service to both internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of driver hours regulations
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Previous experience within a Transport / logistics organisation
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to take a creative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Financial understanding
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. word and excel).
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Good organisational skills are required.
- Possess a friendly and approachable manner.
- Possess good time keeping skills.
- Effective customer service skills
Job Reference: TW TLP_1552556890
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Temp to Perm
Job Start Date: ASAP