Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking Purchase Ledger Clerk to work as part of a small team in central Birmingham.
You must have at least 5 years’ experience running a purchase ledger or assisting to run a purchase ledger.
Basic duties will include:
- Stamping, coding invoices and matching suppliers’ orders to invoices
- Processing at least 1200 a month
- Liaising with Engineers and Suppliers on any queries and notifying non-payments.
- Chase outstanding orders from Engineers
- Invoice Filing
- Distributing invoices for approval
- Passing invoices once approved
- Reconciling supplier accounts to statements
- Paying within specific payment terms
- Running payments and importing into bank software
- Helping with various reception duties, e.g. answering the phone, greeting visitors.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of the importance of nominal codes
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office systems
- Experience of working in a purchase ledger role within the accounts department
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Assisting departments with queries
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to evaluate, prioritise and organise work schedules
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the construction industry, particularly in the mechanical and electrical sector.
Full training will be given on the Accounts packages.
Salary depending on experience
Hours of work are:
08.30 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30 – 16.00 Fridays
25 days annual leave plus the normal statuary holidays.
Immediate start available, please attached a copy of your CV if you are interested in applying.
Job Reference: HM/BHAM/PERM_1549894288
Salary: £20000 - £26000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP